Ok, as promised, here it is. The long awaited post on twin flames.
First of all, how do you distinguish a twin from a soulmate? I touched on this in an earlier post, but I’ll just go ahead and give some facts about twins:
- They are the embodiment of the divine masculine and divine feminine that combine to make one. Hence, one will always incarnate as male and the other will always incarnate as female. These roles may reverse over multiple lifetimes, however there will always be one of each at any given time.
- Numerology can get really interesting with twins. Typically, if twins are going to incarnate together in the same lifetime, their birthdays will have the element of an eleven or a division of two between them. For example I know my twin and my birthday is March 26 and his is June 13. 26/13 is 2.
- Another interesting trend with twins (also from numerology) is a connection with the numbers 8 and 11. I will go into the whole numerology deal in another post, however 8 is seen as the number of infinity, and 11 is the number most commonly associated with the two pillars as the number of the twins. (1+1 makes 2.)
- Twins are different from soul mates, in that they are one. They are never apart, so while soul mates may spend lifetimes looking for each other, twins will not search for each other and will come together only when a need to do so is present. When they do meet, there is an instant sense of trust, even if it does not logically make sense. Each twin may feel like they are looking at someone who is an exact copy of themselves, despite physical and personality differences that may exist.
- Twins are mirrors of each other, and because of this may not always get along. Remember, a mirror reflects all, so while you can see everything that makes you wonderful in the eyes of your twin, you can also see everything about yourself that needs to change as you continue to evolve.
- Twins have an awareness of different frequencies that may affect them. Examples would be numerical (such as dates or times), sensual (such as tastes, smells, or sounds), empathetic (feelings or emotions), or metaphysical (astrologic, or dealing with the astral plane).
- A twin soul connection that where both twins are fully awake can be seen by someone who can see auras. Twins who are not awake will have auras that radiate on the same basic spectrum of light. Twins who are both awake will radiate on the exact same spectrum of light, and will have an aura that appears gold, silver, or pink. If one or both twins are not awake, it is possible that they will radiate the same aura as awake twins if they are physically present in the same location.
- Twins often follow laws of polarity (two halves make a whole). For example, male and female, fire sign/water sign, earth sign/air sign, shy/outgoing etc.
- Eye contact between twins can be intense. This is a trait that (at least in my experience) only twins display. More can be accomplished with a single look between twins than with great physical effort in other types of relationship.
And speaking of the relationship, I want to address that next. A twin flame relationship is work, and hard work at that. This relationship comes with a huge responsibility and should not be taken lightly. A twin flame relationship is not about romance! While it typically winds up going there, the purpose of a twin flame relationship is not just to fall in love, have sex, and make babies. If that was all there was to it, then more people would be in these relationships and it would be easy. It’s not! Twins come together for a specific reason, usually to make a difference in the world through a shared passion. Also, in a romantic soul mate relationship, there is an intense pull of physical energy. However, in a twin flame relationship there is an intense pull of charismatic energy, especially as the connection strengthens and becomes more intense. There is a feeling of friendship and trust between twin flames, even if they have known each other a short time. Remember, even though twin flames may have just physically met in this lifetime, they have known each other forever.
As I said before, this is an intense relationship, and most people who have not experienced it won’t get it. Also, it takes some getting used to. Meeting your twin can be both a blessing and a curse, depending on how you choose to look at it. The intensity has a tendency to hit one or both twins in the face, and it can take some doing to be able to live and work together in relative peace. Which brings me to my next point. If you have found your twin, and dream of living together in psychic spiritual bliss, think again! One major component of a twin flame relationship is that both twins are changing each other and encouraging each other to grow. This process is not always pleasant, and conflicts can and do arise. However, as the relationship intensifies, there is an intense pull for twins to resolve issues as quickly as possible, so as to get back to both the purpose for which they were brought together to begin with, and to get back to the whole growing process. So much for hearts and flowers.
Also included in this growth process is a spiritual awakening of sorts. Typically, twins have a definite form of telepathy that exists between them, and this will also increase as the relationship intensifies. It is not uncommon for one or both twins to possess psy abilities, and for one or both of them to be fully awake to those abilities. A twin flame connection is a complete, direct connection between two souls that has transcended time and space. Two fully awake twins often have the ability to speak to each other, even if they are on different continents. Because they are connected to each other, it is not uncommon for psy abilities to intensify between them as well. Say for instance if one twin had the ability of clairvoyance, or second sight. He or she is able to see things on another plane, that may not be physically present. He or she also may be able to see some things through the eyes of another. When dealing with his or her twin, this ability is stronger, and he or she can see more through the eyes of his or her twin than through anyone else. This type of connection may scare one or both twins. It is especially difficult if one has awakened psy abilities and the other does not. The only advice here is to be patient and work through each situation as it arises. Also, it is not uncommon for these shared experiences to transcend to the physical realm. Twins may share physical symptoms such as illness, bruising, nosebleeds, or headaches, despite great physical distance between them.
Remember, this is not the lovey-dovey relationship of wine and roses. This is more a relationship of fire, and has endured the test of time. This type of love sees all, and seeks to create a better being both in self and other. Because it is so intense, it should be respected as such, so as not to create karma that will need to be worked out later. The most important pieces of a twin relationship is honesty, transparency, and communication. If these three things are not present, one or both twins may inadvertently contribute to the creation of negative karma.
It all comes down to the fact that twin flame relationships are extremely rare and special. They can be frightening, maddening, and fantastic all at the same time. The purpose is to teach each twin about love that is higher than their physical selves, and to allow them to combine energies to make the world a better place.